About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mom of a 19 year old stepson and 2 little girls ages 5 and almost 7. I was a self-employed real estate appraiser for 12 years and am ready to turn the page and Lord willing go back to school and see what God has next for me. Certainly my highest priority is to attempt to keep the house in order for my dear husband and to savor all the moments I can with my little ones that are growing entirely too fast.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Freedom found in letting go

Letting go of something that is comfortable is hard.  Embracing something unfamiliar and unknown can be even harder.  This is another one of those things that may harder for some personalitlies more than others.  I think I fall somewhere in the middle, but if I'm being honest I probably lean more toward having a pretty hard time with all of it. 

I mentioned in a previous post that I'm letting my appraisal business go and moving on to other things.  There have been a few times that I've panicked thinking "WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING?????"  (I'm sort of used to that thought though)  For the most part , however, I am at peace with it because I just know in my heart that it's the right thing to do.  I know that God has something up his sleeve for me (does God have sleeves???)  Hmmm.  Anyway...I know that God has something in mind for me, and I know that I can't wholeheartedly seek out what that is AND keep up the appraisal business.  Since making the decision I can't believe how much peace I feel.  I never realized how much stress it caused me even when I didn't have any work to do.  I was stressed when I had work, and then I was stressed when I didn't have work.  I was completely oblivous to the stress I was putting on myself to bring in work.  I was checking my e-mail 20 times a day to see if I got any assignments in.  It's crazy that we can put so much stress on ourselves for really no reason whatsoever and be clueless to it until it's gone and we feel like a 50 pound weight has been lifted off of our back.

The second part is just as challenging.  It's so hard to just go because God says so.  I sort of feel like Moses following a cloud.  Moses didn't know where he was going, he was told to follow and he did.  When the time was right he was given further instruction.  God has always been faithful and reliable...so why is it so hard to just follow?  I've always said that I'd just  appreciate a syllabus.  I'd like to know what to expect along the way.  Who wouldn't, huh?  That's just not the way God rolls.  He expects our faith because He is faithful.  This is such a simple concept and I'm a little ashamed to admit that it's just now really clicking with me.  I am really really excited about what God has in the future for me.  I truly am, but I can't say I'm not still hoping for a sneak peak at what's ahead.  I have some idea of what I'm supposed to do...but it's pretty much just a direction at this point.   I'm just walking and waiting for the next action card to drop.  

I don't know what is to come....but I'm enjoying the days with less stress than before.  I'm enjoying my new home and new surroundings and so many other things that I just wasn't appreciating the way I should because of all the pressure I was putting on myself.  The really cool thing is that it's never too late to start thoroughly enjoying what is before you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment