About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mom of a 19 year old stepson and 2 little girls ages 5 and almost 7. I was a self-employed real estate appraiser for 12 years and am ready to turn the page and Lord willing go back to school and see what God has next for me. Certainly my highest priority is to attempt to keep the house in order for my dear husband and to savor all the moments I can with my little ones that are growing entirely too fast.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The power of surroundings

Ok, so.  I've now entered the world of blogging.  This is my first try, so please be kind.  My friends should love this, because if you're interested in my ramblings, here you go and if you're not you can just click to get rid of me.  Not quite so easy in person. 

I've started this blog in attempt to jump-start my brain into functioning at a higher level.  I'm hoping with some oil and some revving I'll be good.  Being at home with a 2 and 4 year old has been the hardest and most rewarding experience of my life, however, I've memorized far too many board books and can belt out Go, Diego, Go like no other.  (I'm quite proud of that though)  I'm ready to take a little more time for myself.

Here's the gist of my ponderings of today.  Thankfully we just moved into a new little house on 2.3 acres.  The house has a detached office that is now my little haven.  As I sit here typing I can look out the windows and see the trees and the branches swaying in the breeze.  I look out the window and a calm comes over me.  It's peaceful.  It's powerful.  It soothes and comforts my soul.  My inside reflects the outside.  We most often hear how the outside reflects the inside, and it's very true....but the opposite can be true as well. 

Spiritually the same is true.  Sitting in church on Sunday the feeling was the same.  I wasn't surrounded by trees or a breeze, but I was surrounded by a host of people that love the Lord and love me and it was peaceful.  It was powerful.  It soothed and comforted my soul. 

I've been reminded of the power of our surroundings.  May we all surround ourselves with those things that sooth our souls. 

Make it a remarkable day.

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear some new Haylee'isms, Kerrington bits or even what has helped you today...

    ReplyDelete