About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mom of a 19 year old stepson and 2 little girls ages 5 and almost 7. I was a self-employed real estate appraiser for 12 years and am ready to turn the page and Lord willing go back to school and see what God has next for me. Certainly my highest priority is to attempt to keep the house in order for my dear husband and to savor all the moments I can with my little ones that are growing entirely too fast.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Dad

This will be a short blog.  It's a day to honor Fathers and I was incredibly blessed to have a dad that showered me with love and affection and taught by example.  He loved the LORD with all his heart and that was probably the best gift of all.  I just wanted to jot down a poem I wrote for my dad back in 2003.  My dad passed away in 1997.  Here is what I wrote for him.  

Can you believe it has been so long?
Six years, how time does fly,
So many questions constantly circle my mind
Although I'm no longer asking "why"?
God had His reasons for calling you home
I can't blame him, that's for sure.
Though I needed you here with me
Perhaps He needed a heart that was pure.

Still I wonder how you are
I'll bet you're still singing every day.
No one louder, no one prouder,
No one to steal your joy away.
I wish one more smile was aimed at me
What I'd give to hold your hand once more,
I'm saving up a special hug
For when I'm at Heaven's door.

Daddy, how much of me can you see?
Do my failures make you cry?
How I long to make you proud,
Do you see how hard I try?
Sometimes I forget the things you taught
And I make the same mistakes.
But I'll get up and keep fighting
I'll get this, no matter how long it takes.

Sometimes it feels like yesterday
Although I know it's been years,
Sometimes I'm strong as I remember you
Other times I fall to my knees in tears.
You'd think it would get easier
They say in time all wounds will heal
But time shows me clearer all I've lost
And again the pain becomes so real.

You left me will a heart so full
The tears are followed by a smile
We'll be together for eternity
In just a little while.

JEM 2/5/03

Carl Miller, you have never left my heart and you never will.  Thank you for loving me for every second of the 27 years we had together.  I'll see you when I get home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment