About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and mom of a 19 year old stepson and 2 little girls ages 5 and almost 7. I was a self-employed real estate appraiser for 12 years and am ready to turn the page and Lord willing go back to school and see what God has next for me. Certainly my highest priority is to attempt to keep the house in order for my dear husband and to savor all the moments I can with my little ones that are growing entirely too fast.

Friday, September 9, 2011

My Turn

I've got to say it's been a rough week.  Somehow both of my little ones got a staph infection and developed painful sores.  Haylee handled it really well as did Kerrington for the most part, but Kerrington would wake up after the motrin wore off in the middle of the night and be in pain and then it was hard for her to get back to sleep....therefore hard for mommy to get back to sleep.  This infection kept us from doing our usual weekly activities and kept us housebound which was hard on us all.  Tempers are short all around and we are all just ready to get back to normal days.  Yesterday Kerrington was having a fit about who knows what and came to me and said "my turn Mama!!!"  I told her "you know what Kerrington...It's mommy,s turn!!"  It truly is my turn.  Mommy needs a timeout.  The thing is that Mommy doesn't always get a turn.  I'm a little pouty about that today.  I'm impatient today.  Today I want to actually feel like I've accomplished something, but when little ones are off the accomplishment is keeping them content and comfortable.  The results aren't as visible as one would hope.  Today I'm struggling with the laundry STILL not being done, the kitchen needing to be cleaned yet again, the toys being all over the place and the list goes on and on.  I know I'm certainly not alone in this.  This is just a day in the life of any mother or father trying to keep up with a house that has littles in it.  It's getting the best of me today.

Where does this take me?  Haha, absolutely nowhere.  Soon after I write this I'll shake my head and get it together, maybe grab another cup of coffee and make another solid attempt at the list of to do's.  It would be nice if there was a clear message in everything, but today I'm just being.  Sometimes you have to JUST BE so that you CAN BE. 

I'm incredibly thankful for a husband that understands that I need a turn and does all he can to give me time to myself to regroup, relax and just be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment